Monday, December 24, 2012

2012 Christmas Mantel

I have dressed my mantel in a very simplistic style this Christmas. 
 I wanted the 'true meaning' of Christmas to shine through in all its glory.
A few simple items - celebrating the birth of Christ.
I was able to find the lovely angel and deer graphic from 'The Graphics Fairy'. I downloaded the file onto the Staples website and had it printed out as an 'Engineering Print' to achieve the larger size. The finished print is black and white. To give it a bit of a sepia tone, I watered down some tan paint and coated the print with it. I added the text to the bottom and mounted it onto an old frame.
I love finding natural items from the yard to use in my home decor. A gathering of twigs was tied together to create the 5-pointed star and some dried flowers were attached to a wire circle to make the simple wreath.
One can never have too many angels and especially during this joyous time of year.
Wishing you and yours a 'Very Merry Christmas'.

Linking up to the following parties:


Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. your mantel is stunning. LOVE the angel wings!
    Happy holidays to you.
    Blessings,
    Evi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your twig star is beautiful. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have an original take on christmas decorations, cool :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top